- Opportunity for direct sales and/or visibility to your supporters and public
- Funding to support activations
- Connection to prospective landlords
- Professional photography
- Inclusion in a citywide media campaign
When / Where
- Venues will be hosted throughout the city from October 2022 – December 2023
- Launch dates are flexible and will be ongoing.
- A select group of pop-ups will also be offered the possibility to extend their activation for up to an additional 6 months, pending availability from the property owner. This group is selected on a case-by-case basis after initial proof of pop-up success.
Applicants can apply for the following types of activations.
Pop-Up Shop – Run your own business in a vacant commercial space. This can include retail or service industries. Spaces must be open to the public. Production or studio space only are not available. Space must be open a minimum of 3 days per week for the full three month activation.
Art Installation – Exhibit and choose to sell your artwork via QR code from a street-facing window display.
QR Code Window Shopping – Advertise and sell your products via QR code from a street-facing window display. Work must be available for sale.
Collective Pop-Up Shop – Share a space with other Seattle Restored participants in a retail collective marketplace. Seattle Restored program managers will coordinate participants. If you would like to apply as a group of artists and/or makers hosting your own collective space please apply for a dedicated pop-up space. Participants must be onsite at the collective space for a minimum of 25 days during the three month participation term and be willing to support sales for all members.
- Activate space for a minimum of three months with the exception of the restaurant residency (tbd)
- Have one point of contact for landlords and Seattle Restored
- Complete a Seattle Restored contract
- Collaborate and be available for space modifications
- Allow space and participants to be documented through photography/video
- Participate in a post-program survey and reporting
- All participants must provide proof of covid vaccination
- The program is FREE, there is no cost to participate
- Seattle Restored will provide participants a fixed one-time $2,500 in working capital to help support merchandising and staffing or art installation as needed for those participating with a pop-up shop, art installation, and QR code Window Shopping.
- Seattle Restored will provide Collective Marketplace participants a fixed one-time $1,500
- There are no additional lease or utilities costs
- A limited budget is also available for tenant improvements
- Seattle Restored will hire contractors to support tenant improvements as needed
- Seattle Restored will obtain liability insurance for each activated property, for the duration of the activation. Additional insurance obtained by the participants may be required.
- Applications opened on July 25th.
- Applications closed on August 26th for Pop-Ups, Collective Marketplace and QR code.
- There is no cost to apply
- Priority offered to Black, Indigenous and entrepreneurs and artists of Color – applicants
- A panel of peer artists and entrepreneurs will evaluate the applications
- Accepted applications will participate in a match matching process with available spaces
Seattle Restored encourages everyone to participate in its programs and activities.
For translation, disability accommodations, materials in alternate formats, or accessibility information, contact Seattle Restored Program at email@example.com.
Please provide at least 72 hrs. notice will help ensure availability; sign language interpreting requests may take longer.
Reach out to Seattle Restored program managers. We’re happy to help and answer questions by email or arrange a call to discuss the project.